Friday, January 11, 2008

The paradise on earth



The sun has already receded into the womb of earth, but much of its grandeur is left behind in the darkening horizon as unlimited shades and colours spread all across it. Sitting on one of the rocks in the ponmudi peak starring at the deep valley below is an outstanding experience. The breeze from the west is chilling the skin below my cloth and the steep valley is inducing a bizarre longing for me to jump into its lap all free. A stream is flowing along the valley making mild sizzling music adding to the symphony of breeze in this otherwise silent atmosphere. The solitude, picturesque heavens, the dark illusive valley, everything falls in perfect place out here for a tantalising spiritual experience.

Western Ghats as always pulls you into this mind calming moments, makes you feel one with nature or God as some might like to put. It makes you feel the energy of nature flowing inside you, the same which is restlessly hurrying in each blow of wind, the same which is spreading all over in the cool dancing stream , the same which is proudly filling the huge mountains and steep valleys. The ultimate spiritual experience, which will stand one step ahead of all the posturing of our religious establishment.

Every time I visit the Western Ghats, take my glances through its thick ‘shola’ forests, immerse my body in its cool sweet water I would feel like going back to my origins, dissolving into myself. Trekking through its mountains may be tiring but certainly satisfying. Cruising along its trees creates an everlasting feeling of well being. Its fauna fills you with towering curiousity. The clicks of our cameras will capture some of the glitter but never in the whole world can it transfer the feel that it creates in our mind and soul.

Oh! My dear Western Ghats, I am longing to get back to you. For redeeming my selves from this world of stress. For embracing the peace that you will deliver to me. For retrieving my soul deeply buried in me. ...............................................................................................................................

1 comment:

Rejil Krishnan said...

aaaasaaaami aaayi alledo..:)still the mountain ranges beckon even there...
i got the feel of the chill and the mountain as i read thru... :) :)